[b-hebrew] exodus, dating of linguistics

Michael Abernathy mabernathy at isot.com
Sat May 29 02:24:00 EDT 2004

Just for the sake of discussion, I have a question for the group.   Assuming that the Exodus actually occurred as it is described in the Bible and that it was recorded by someone about the time of Joshua, what linguistic evidence would we expect to find in the Scriptures?
I should think that the strongest evidence would be in those passages which have been miscopied by a later scribe due to some change in the language that obscurred the meaning.
Has anyone detailed the differences in the Hebrew language from a historical perspective?
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy