[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Thu May 27 19:25:13 EDT 2004

On 27/05/2004 16:21, Lisbeth S. Fried wrote:

>Dear Peter et. al.,
>By "written law" I mean a concept whereby judges (or police or
>lawyers or just judges) make decisions based on a written
>set of laws. ...

Well, this isn't what Vadim meant by written law. He was talking about
written codes specifying behaviour, like Leviticus and Hammurabi, not
about how judges etc make decisions.

>... This did not exist in Mesopotamia (and still doesn't) ...

Well, it did to a large extent until Bush, Blair and friends decided
unilaterally to overthrow the established government and rule by decree
and gunpoint.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/