[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

UUC unikom at paco.net
Thu May 27 11:22:35 EDT 2004

>Zot hattorah for the killing of the pigeon?<
Of course it's teaching here! Maximum, precepts. Or, the procedure we're
taught. In Jewish life, there is no law besides what is written in Torah
(unless we dwell on the modern Israeli perversion). You could see this
approach in modern fundamentalist Islam. Or, put it another way, you are
attempting to find non-existent difference. Jews of the time did not
distinguish between the "legal" (not heathen) law and Torah. This is how
Pharisees were able to secure hold even much later.

Best regards,

Vadim