[b-hebrew] Vav consecutive Gen 1:3

George Athas gathas at hotkey.net.au
Wed May 26 06:09:01 EDT 2004

Serves to prove the view that the waw consecutive verbs are not imperfects at all, but preterites (past tense) with a non-converse waw. The jussive is formed off the preterite, hence both forms are shorter than the imperfect.

Best regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Lecturer in Biblical Languages
Southern Cross College