[b-hebrew] Job 36:32 Clarification needed.

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Tue May 25 19:52:12 EDT 2004

I'm not totally sure we're looking at the same verse.  Where do you get
"clouds"?  My (literalistic) translation is

He shrouds over his hands with lightning
And decrees for it its striking.

(aL = prep over
KaFaYiM = Dual of KaF, hand
KiS.aH = piel pf 3 ms of KfSfH hide, cover
)oWR = light, sun, sunshine, lightning,
Y:+aW = piel impf 3 ms +fWfH command (freq with (aL of thing)
(fLeHf = prep + 3 ms suff (appoc)
B:Maf:G.iYa( = prep "B" + hiph ms part P.fGa( meet, encounter, reach --
hiph, cause to light upon