[b-hebrew] Jericho/Eden(6)

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Mon May 24 20:52:52 EDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 14:25, Yigal Levin wrote:
[snip]
> > By adding up the geneologies from the Fall (when Adam
> > began to "age"[die]), we have 1,656 years which gives
> > us the year 2611 BC for the flood of Noah.  The flood ended
> > in 2610 BC, and Shem fathered  Arphaxad two years after the
> > flood (Gen. 11:10).  The earth (dry land) was divided just after
> > Peleg was born, in 2509 BC (1st Chronicles 1:19).
>
> What this refers to is the Tower of Babel.

Yigal,
I'm wondering how you arrived at this, assuming you mean that the "divided" in
Peleg's time refers to Babel?  PLG isn't an often-used verb, and the only
other examples we have of it seem to refer to a physical "division" in the
sense of a breach, or destruction, similar to PRC.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur