[b-hebrew] Jericho/Eden(6)

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Mon May 24 16:25:06 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <Ephraim49 at aol.com>
To: <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
> Come..come..now.  I hope that I'm not surrounded by
> only scoffers.  Don't rely on those that don't understand
> the written word of God.

And your direct link ti God is....?

> I have two trump cards, which I want to retain as my
> "signature identification".  Theology in general has not given
> mankind the correct information.  One "card" is the confirming
> scripture for the length of 260 years for the existence of the
> Northern Kingdom.

Where does scripture assign the NK 260 years? DId you find a mistake in the
243 that I calculated?

> If Jericho has only one instance of fire damage, determined to
> be at about 1550 BC, what is the problem?  My expertise is
> in Genesis.  Were any other cities destroyed by fire?

Ai (Josh 8:19), Hazor (11:11), Jerusalem (Judges 1:8). The rest were
"destroyed", but fire is not mentioned specifially.

> We can always come from the other direction.  After the
> Ice Age, God made Adam in about 7200 BC (my guess).
> Eve didn't come along until about 7000 BC.  It took
> Satan almost 3000 years, but he finally was able to
> obtain possession of mankind's souls (the Fall) in 4267
> BC.

For the third (and last) time - where do you get these numbers from?

> By adding up the geneologies from the Fall (when Adam
> began to "age"[die]), we have 1,656 years which gives
> us the year 2611 BC for the flood of Noah.  The flood ended
> in 2610 BC, and Shem fathered  Arphaxad two years after the
> flood (Gen. 11:10).  The earth (dry land) was divided just after
> Peleg was born, in 2509 BC (1st Chronicles 1:19).

What this refers to is the Tower of Babel.