[b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

furuli at online.no furuli at online.no
Mon May 24 11:11:33 EDT 2004

Dear Vadim,

There is quite a lot of inscriptions in Phoenician and Punic, so the
dialects are relatively well known. Because of lack of vowels in
Phoenician/Punic and Ugaritic there is some speculation behind the
the conclusions drawn by scholars, but by and large the grammatical
systems can be trusted.

See
   H Donner, W Röllig  (1966-1969) Kaananäische und Aramäische
Inschriften, Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz,

J. D. Hawkins (2000). Corpus of hieroglyphic Luwian Inscriptions, vol
II Karatepe Aslantas, Berlin: de Gruyter.

S. Segert (1976).  A Grammar of Phoenician and Punic, Munchen: Verlag H. Beck

M. G . A Guzzo (1999). Phönisch-Punische Grammatik, Analecta
orientalia 55, Roma:Editicie Pontificio Istituto Biblico.

Best regards

Rolf

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo