[b-hebrew] Habiru/Apiru - Vizier Aper-el/Aper-ia

Patrina patrina at bestmail.us
Sun May 23 21:07:44 EDT 2004

Hello all

As a side note to this discussion on Habiru/Apiru, I find it interesting
that a vizier with a very semitic-sounding name, Aper-el/Aper-ia, was
part of both Amenhotep III's and Akhenaten's administrations, especially
relatively soon after the expulsion of the Hyksos at the beginning of the
18th dynasty.

Details of his tomb can be found at:

http://www.egyptsites.co.uk/lower/saqqara/tombs/newkingdom/newkingdom.html

Patrina Nuske Small