[b-hebrew] Jericho/Eden(6)

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Sun May 23 20:13:48 EDT 2004

Dear Herman,

>We can always come from the other direction.  After the
>Ice Age, God made Adam in about 7200 BC (my guess).
>Eve didn't come along until about 7000 BC.  It took
>Satan almost 3000 years, but he finally was able to
>obtain possession of mankind's souls (the Fall) in 4267
>BC.

HH: We can stop right here. What basis is there for the 7200 B.C.
date? And how do you get the 4267 B.C. date? It would be poor
methodology to guess an initial date and then base a lot of other
dates on a supposed distance from the initially guessed date. The
foundation for all the other dates would not be solid. That seems to
be what you are doing, but perhaps not, since 4267 B.C. is awfully
specific.

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard