[b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Sun May 23 14:42:11 EDT 2004

Dear Rolf,
If you are unwilling to say "swan," then you are not behaving
scientifically at all. Applying Bayes' Theorem, the probability of
the bird being a swan and not a crow is the
probability of it being a swan given that it's white = the probability
of it being white given that it is a swan (.998) times the probability that
it is a swan=.5 divided by the probability of getting a white bird = .5.
Therefore the probability that it is a swan is .998 = (.998*.5)/.5=.998.
Best,
LIz