[b-hebrew] Re: 1Enoch 6:8 DSS

C. Stirling Bartholomew jacksonpollock at earthlink.net
Sat May 22 17:11:13 EDT 2004

On 5/21/04 1:11 PM, "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> I cannot make any sense out of the syntax of this. Looks like dittography with
> repeated demonstratives and substantives.
>
> 4Q201 f1iii:13
> )lyN )nwN rbny rb[n]y (s[r]t)   )n[wN wr]bnyh[N klhN nsbw lhN]

The Hebrew

Gen. 25:16 )lh hM bny

looks like the same sort of construction as

)lyN )nwN rbny

Is this correct?

Got some help off list on this and spend some time with Waltke/O'Conner's
discussion of pronouns in verbless clauses. Need to spend more time with
Waltke/O'Conner. Excellent book :-)))

My only resource on Aramaic is Greenspahn.

Is it uncool to talk about Aramaic here? We talk about Ugaritic don't we?

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew