[b-hebrew] Even-Shoshan + Verb recognition

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Sat May 22 14:52:46 EDT 2004

W:Ha)fDfM YfDa( )eT_XaW.fH )i$:T.oW WaT.aHaR WaT."LeD . . . .

I'm not sure what you mean by "descriptive absence."  Do you mean that it
fails to describe the form for you?  It is a pe yod verb impf 3 fs with
W-consec from YfLaD.  This appears to have originally been a pe waw verb
which accounts for the difference in vowels.  BDB states that this occurs
61 times (though BDB doesn't describe the form either.  For a description
you would probably need an analytical lexicon -- which I don't
particularly recommend unless you can limit your usage to only those
cases where you're really stuck).  I did a quick search and found 124
occurrences.  I must confess that I haven't checked each of these, but a
cursory survey seems to confirm them.

gfsomsel
________