[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

tmcos at rogers.com tmcos at rogers.com
Fri May 21 09:55:13 EDT 2004

I don't want to get off topic from b-hebrew, but this sounds very similar to the idea once proposed by NT commentators that when a debt was owed, it was also placed in a public place and when it was paid a nail was put through it. It was argued that Paul (although his authorship of Colossians is questioned by NT scholars) used this analogy when he wrote about the writings and ordinances being "nailed" to the cross of Christ. (Col.2:14)Is anyone familiar with this?

Tony Costa
Toronto, Canada