[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri May 21 03:35:49 EDT 2004

Harold:

Years ago I heard another description of
Kapalayyim, but that was in a speech and
I don’t know if it was accurate. The
speaker said that when a debt was owed, a
document stating the fact was posted in a
public place, usually in the town gate.
When the debt was paid off, the debt
document was folded over indicating
repayment. That folding over was called a
Kapalayyim.

My question: is there any historical or
archeological evidence that would show
this, or was the speaker blowing hot air?

Karl W. Randolph.