[b-hebrew] Biblical study and ICT

Tim Bulkeley tim at carey.ac.nz
Thu May 20 14:19:34 EDT 2004

This does not fit the current thread on Is 53, but it should (I believe)
be of interest to some on this discussion.

I have an invitation (if I can at the last minute) to put together a
group of biblical scholars to take a 60-90 min slot at the Association
Internationale Bible et Informatique in Louvain in July.  I envisage
15min presentations and panel discussion around the theme "e-gesis : the
impact of computer mediated communication on biblical interpretation"
The idea would be as a panel to explore a bit what the new media of
communication hypertext, blogs, email etc. do to our practice of
biblical interpretation...

AIBI is not a bad place to do a presentation, not least because they
publish refereed proceedings.

As the time is very short I'd be glad to hear soon (off list
tim at carey.ac.nz) from anyone who might be interested.

Tim

Dr Tim Bulkeley
New article: "Hypertext and biblical studies"
@ http://sbl-site.org/Article.aspx?ArticleId=261

University of Auckland     Carey Baptist College