[b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Thu May 20 12:26:35 EDT 2004

Hi Ken,
I suppose there are exceptions. How would you know
when anything is an exception tho? I don't think context is
trustworthy since you deny part of the context when you ignore
the form of the verb.
I tend not to make exceptions myself.
As for Psalm 107 I remember translating it in a
class at NYU with Dan Fleming, but I don't remember
anythng in particular abou the discussion. Since I'm not
going to translate the entire psalm for you over e-mail,
and since off-hand I don't see or remember anything problematic,
you should tell what particular verse(s) you would like me
to tackle.
Liz