[b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

Ken Penner pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Thu May 20 08:55:42 EDT 2004

Am I understanding you correctly, Liz, that you think in Biblical Hebrew
QATALs and WAYYIQTOLs are always absolute past (the event precedes the
speech), and YIQTOLs and WEQATALs are always future or jussive (the speech
precedes the event)?

Ken Penner, M.C.S. (Biblical Languages, Greek Focus), M.A. (Hebrew Poetry)
Ph.D. (cand.), McMaster University
pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Hebrew vocabulary software: http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash or