[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: pierced?

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Wed May 19 13:47:42 EDT 2004

Hi there Vadim, I'm no grammarian and certainly no scholar but I suspect
that somebody around 1898 a.d. found some sort of connection because the
modern hebrew word root CHET-LAMED-LAMED can also mean FLUTE?????????  Now
that is a weird digression from being BORED/pierced to death eh?

Respectfully yours - Chris - just a simple irishman.

Dear Listmembers,

Perhaps anyone would care to discuss the word "pierced" in Isaiah 53?
Let's talk about the difference between halal, mehulal and meholal, and
perhaps between "killed" and "pierced."
Pure grammar, no ideology.
Any takers?

Sincerely,