[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53

peterg45 at excite.com peterg45 at excite.com
Tue May 18 23:26:28 EDT 2004

Lovers of Hebrew
   Can we quit this Isaiah 53 interpretation thing? I sense that there are some people in the group who do not respect how ancient translators interpreted the passage (e.g. LXX), and how modern translators interpret the passage as well. A private interpretation that does not really consider these two aspects of scholarship needs to be kept private. Wow! I am not too sure that such statements will end this discussion, but I feel it has gone too far.

Peter Gordon