[b-hebrew] Bribes, Gifts, and Tribute

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue May 18 22:28:37 EDT 2004

Peter:

Like you I won’t go into present politics.

I think there is another aspect as well. For example, in 2 Chronicles 25:6 the king of Judah hired soldiers from Ephraim to be part of his army, under direct command of his officers. Similarly Ammon hired armies from Aram in 2 Samuel 10:6.

But those kings who were bribed acted as a response to those bribes, as independent agents. They were bought, but not hired.

Karl W. Randolph.