[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53

jason at hareplay.com jason at hareplay.com
Tue May 18 03:04:49 EDT 2004

Karl Randolph wrote:

> Years ago, I was in an online debate where the claim was made that
Christians mistranslate Isaiah 52:13-53:12. So I wrote my own translation,
then challanged all in that debate to show me where I mistranslated it. I
insisted that their critique had to be on linguistic grounds, not theology.
So now when I see you ruling out certain translations based on theological
grounds, I think that is out of place for this forum.

"So..., I think that is out of place for this forum." That's what I said
about this topic in the first place. I didn't think it would be based on
only the language of the Tanakh, but on everyone's theological leanings. It
seems always to go that route!

Jason
יונה מישאל בן אברהם