[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: pierced?

UUC unikom at paco.net
Tue May 18 02:58:53 EDT 2004

Dear Lee,

Do you mean hll and mhll are the same word?
These are different binyans, with different semantics. What it has to do
with a pronoun? I don't understand your idea.
mem with shva is employed only in piel. So the binyan is surely different
from you examples. Say, Is22 halalaih - their is hataf, so the original was
kamatz, so paal. You doesn't seem to be right here.

Sincerely,

Vadim

> It is the same word, used as a participle because of the fronting of the
pronoun.