[b-hebrew] Proverbs 17:8

Reinier de Blois rdeblois at www.biblesocieties.org
Mon May 17 16:22:31 EDT 2004

Good point, but I still feel that there is not enough evidence in the text to
warrant a translation with "charm". The only support I have been able to find
so far is Nahum 3:4 where XEN is somewhat parallel to K$APIYM "sorceries".
But also there a translation with "beauty" is perfectly possible.
In all other cases where XEN is preceded by another noun in the construct
state (at least those I could find) it means "beauty".

Best wishes,

Reinier