[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Mon May 17 10:20:15 EDT 2004

Dear Steve, Harold, et. al.
Sorry. I read the list of examples, I did not read your comments.
I don't agree that there is such a thing as an "intensive" plural
with nouns. I think the preferred reading is bamotav, his
sepulcher, or emend the text to the singular.
You object to emending the text, yet you willingly emend
 )et to )it, with. The Greek puts "the wicked" in the
accusative case. The Greek has "He will give the wicked instead
of his grave."  I agree with Vadim that the Hebrew is past tense,
but I don't know how to put "the wicked" in the accusative.
He put the wicked (in) his grave?
Liz Fried
A2