[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?

Schmuel schmuel at escape.com
Mon May 17 02:51:44 EDT 2004

Hi b-hebrew,

>Dear Harold,
>Steve showed evidence of translation of "death" or
>"tomb." He did not show evidence of "intensive plurals."
>Best, Liz Fried A2

Hi Liz,

   If you reread the original post, I think you will see a lot of references, most especially from the Hebrew grammar and from the rabbinical expositors, to the "intensive plural" and various other related (non-numerical) plural forms...  This included about a half-dozen rabbinical expositors....

   The death/tomb question most especially comes up in the DSS, and you had been of special assistance on that one, so I had quoted you when I did the series :-)

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY