[b-hebrew] Re: agent or patient in Psa. 33:12?

Jonathan D. Safren yonsaf at beitberl.ac.il
Thu May 13 12:25:34 EDT 2004

What is ambiguous about this verse?
The two verbs "shalah" and "bahar" are in synonymous parallelism, therefore
the subject of both is identical. Moreover, it's a psalm, a temple song, and
temple poets would naturally have praised one of their own. Shall I cite
other cases of such in Psalms?
Sincerely,
Jonathan D. Safren
Dept. of Biblical Studies