[b-hebrew] Studying Modern and Biblical Hebrew

Chemorion chosefu_chemorion at wycliffe.org
Wed May 12 07:38:17 EDT 2004

Dear James,
Modern Hebrew would make it very easy for you to gain confidence in your
intermediate level Biblical Hebrew. Can you think of a winter/spring course
in Israel in 2005?
The Home for Bible Translators in conjunction with the Hebrew University of
Jerusalem have a good program for learning both Modern and Biblical Hebrew.
At the Hebrew University , there is  an advanced way of teaching modern
Hebrew to the extend that you will find it more of a help than a hindrance
in learning Biblical Hebrew. You can be in touch with Halvor and Mirja
Ronning for more information through this address:
bibletranslators at jerusalemschool.org). But if you just need learning
resources, then I suggest you order for a copy of "ivrit min hatahalla,
hadash" by Shlomit Chayat, Sara Israeli, and Hiller Kobliner (Jerusalem:
Hebrew University Students Printing and Publishing house, 2000.)
Chemorion Chosefu
Sabaot Bible Translation
P.O.Box 6645 Eldoret (Kenya)
Tel.Office- 053 33794, Personal- 0733 360873