[b-hebrew] Studying Modern and Biblical Hebrew

James Bowick bowick at idirect.com
Sun May 9 22:57:35 EDT 2004

I am beginning a self-study refresher of my introductory Hebrew in prep for
an Intermediate Hebrew course in Seminary.  I am considering studying modern
Hebrew at the same time to take advantage of the immersion resources
available (subtitled movies, modern literature in parallel, friends that are
native speakers, etc.)  The biggest drawback I see is learning a lot of
extra non-Biblical vocab.  Are there other hazzards and pitfalls of this
course of study?

James Bowick
M.Div. Cand., McMaster Divinity College
Hamilton, Ontario