[b-hebrew] Re: To Ugaritic or Not to Ugaritic

Reinhard G. Lehmann lehmann at uni-mainz.de
Thu May 6 13:27:42 EDT 2004

Dear Jonatha,

>   If anyone has any other advice I'm all ears.

If you read German, you should take the Ugaritic Textbook by Josef Tropper, Ugaritisch.
Kurzgefasste Grammatik mit Übungstexten und Glossar. 2002. xii + 168 S.
(ISBN 3-934628-12-5) EUR 28,- (http://www.ugarit-verlag.de/ELO.htm).
It is abreast the most recent scholarship and has the same structure like the 1000-pages-Ugaritic grammar by the same author, which makes cross-reading easy. I see that it is necessary to make an additional englisch translation...

As for Syriac, we plan a volume in the same series, too, in English, be Helen Younansardaroud. We hope it will be ready within the next two years.

Apologies for spamming...

Reinhard

   AkOR Dr.  Reinhard G. Lehmann
   Forschungsstelle für Althebräische Sprache und Epigraphik
   Fachbereich 02 Evangelische Theologie
   Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
   D - 55099 Mainz
   tel: (+49) 6131 - 39 23284