[b-hebrew] Tammuz, image of

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed May 5 16:31:45 EDT 2004

That’s just it. We use the old Norse names because
of tradition, that’s how our parents named the days,
not because we worship the old Norse gods. It’s in
the language.

Similarly “it’s in the language” is why Aramaic
speaking Jews would use the Aramaic names for
the months even though not worshipping the
Babylonian gods. If they were still speaking
Hebrew as their primary tongue, would they
not continue to use the Hebrew names for the
months? If not, why not?

Karl W. Randolph.