[b-hebrew] Ugaritic

Kirk Lowery klowery at whi.wts.edu
Sat May 1 11:22:47 EDT 2004

Jonatha Mosebach wrote:

> Has anyone ever studied Ugaritic?  Has anyone ever bought a Ugaritic
>  grammar?  Has anyone ever Taught Ugaritic?

I do all three. :-)

The best book in my opinion for self-study would be Stanislav Segert, A
Basic Ugaritic Grammar. The book includes texts and glossary, so you
wouldn't need to buy anything else to start off with.

You can order it from

https://www.eisenbrauns.com/ECOM/_1860M4765.HTM

for about $65.00.

[Disclaimer: I did my grad work at UCLA with Segert, and was one of the
students who worked with him on the first edition of this grammar. :-) ]

Blessings,

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D.