[b-hebrew] Hebrew email (was: Song of the Sea)

Joel Nothman jnot4610 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Wed Mar 31 20:28:09 EST 2004

It's quite simple to handle Hebrew on modern versions of MS Windows & Office...
I haven't worked out how to get good support yet on RedHat Linux (there is
support, but not good support).

Email programs, it just depends which program you use. I seem to do alright with
Hebrew in Opera's email program M2.

One of the big issues in computing & Hebrew is not writing the Hebrew
characters, not even the problem of placing the nikud on the Hebrew letters, but
moreso of writing right-to-left rather than left-to-right.

In windows there is a nice shortcut that should work anywhere you can enter
text. Press Right-Ctrl-Shift to write right-to-left and Left-Ctrl-Shift to write
left-to-right. (ie. press left ctrl and left shift at the same time, etc.) This
should put the punctuation in the correct order.

- Joel