[b-hebrew] Deut 5, 17 -20

David Kimbrough (CLWA) dkimbrough at clwa.org
Mon Mar 22 16:07:24 EST 2004

 I was reading the NIV Interlinear Deuteronomy and I saw an interesting
footnote. It says:

"Most Hebrew texts incorporate verses 17-20 into one verse, thus causing a
three verse discrepancy through the rest of this chapter. As BHS follows the
English enumeration rather than the Hebrew, so does the interlinear text."

These are three key commandments - you shall not murder, commit adultery,
steal, or give false witness.

I do not have access to MT MSS other than the BHS.  Does that mean there is
no "Sof Pasuq" between those verses as is clearly the case in the BHS. Are
there other cantilation marks instead?

David Eugene Kimbrough
dkimbrough at clwa.org