[b-hebrew] Genesis 22 fragment: "my son"?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Thu Mar 18 12:33:06 EST 2004

On 18/03/2004 09:09, Dave Washburn wrote:

>On Thursday 18 March 2004 05:50, Peter Kirk wrote:
>

>>... I would suggest a retelling of verse 6: Abraham says
>>to ישחק בנו Y#XQ BNW "his son Isaac": קח את האש QX )T H)#, "take the wood".
>>

>Um, wouldn't QX )T H)# actually be "take the fire"?  i.e. the torch for
>lighting the sacrifice...
>
>Regards,
>Sir Nitpick

Of course! My reconstruction should have been קח את העצים QX )T H(CYM
"take the wood", as in Genesis this is what Isaac actually took.

I assume your nitpicking, and your own posting, implies general
agreement with the rest of my posting.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/