[b-hebrew] The Hebrew of the Jehoash Inscription

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sun Mar 14 23:49:20 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giuseppe Regalzi" <regalzi at infinito.it>

> Karl Randolph wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a URL to a picture of
> > the stone? Preferably one that's sharp
> > enough to read?
>
> Here it is:
>
> http://www.orientalisti.net/ioash.htm
>
> Giuseppe Regalzi
> regalzi at tiscali.it

Thank you.

Yes it is in the fourth line, where
grammatically it is possible to find an
infinitive verb, there is written LB)$.
That’s a real stinker, it makes no sense.
Another possibility is a missing dot
between two words, so it could have been
written LB )$, but a heart of fire doesn’t
make sense either. Maybe the forger thought
that medial yods were not found that early,
but they are, and I off the cuff don’t
remember a single instance in Biblical
Hebrew where man )Y$ is written without the
medial yod.

The following phrase, “in the land and in
the wilderness” does not sound Biblical. A
wilderness is a land, therefore if a
specific land is meant, as in this phrase,
the land’s name is usually appended.

These are what I noticed first.

Thus when I read that chemical analysis
indicated that the inscription is a fraud

Thanks again.

Karl W. Randolph.