[b-hebrew] Evil Impulses of the Heart

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk
Thu Mar 11 06:10:27 EST 2004

That would be the "yetzer ha-ra", I assume; yod-tsade-resh as in Gen 6,5 and 8,21, which is probably where the expression originates, although the technical term seems to be first found in Mishna Abot 2,11 and Tosefta Baba Qama 9,31.

(this is just concordance work - some of the jewish list members are bound to have preciser info)

kol tuv
Soren, Copenhagen