[b-hebrew] Solomon's palace in 1 Kings 7:1-8

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Mar 9 17:45:12 EST 2004

Dear Chemorion Chosefu:

I would hesitate to claim that BYRH refers to
a capitol or seat of government: of the four
times it is used apart from the name $W$N,
twice it is used for Solomon’s as of yet
unbuilt temple (1 Chronicles 29:1,19) and once
for a structure in Jerusalem when Jerusalem
was a minor governor’s city in the Persian
Empire (Nehemiah 7:2). That is unless we read
the temple as being the seat of God’s
government and even a minor governor has a
seat of government.

As for HYKL in 2 Chronicles 36:7, I had read
it as referring to the building that contains
the large meeting room. But you may be right.

Karl W. Randolph.