[b-hebrew] Question on Genesis 15

Ben and Jo Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 08:11:10 EST 2004

On Mon  8 Mar 2004 (09:51:16), villandra at austin.rr.com wrote:
> Question on Abraham covenant story in GEnesis 15 -
>
> Where was Abraham when this story takes place?

 Yigal has given you a good answer. If I may add: Abraham has just hijacked
 the spoils of the conflict of five kings against four. As the magnitude of
 what he has done sinks in, he fears for his life and the lives of his small
 band of 318 Security men (14:14).

 God's response is to "Cut the Covenant" with him (15:1-21).

 Shalom
 Ben
--
 Revd Ben Crick BA CF, and Mrs Joanna (Goodwin) Crick  ZFC Yb
 <ben.crick at NOSPAM.argonet.co.uk>