[b-hebrew] Relative ages of LXX, DSS and proto-MT texts

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 8 09:37:58 EST 2004

At 11:37 PM 3/4/2004 -0800, CS Bartholomew wrote:
>On 3/4/04 5:11 PM, "Moshe Shulman" <mshulman at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > I cannot claim to have checked every reference, but I have checked many,
> > and have not found the LXX. They use either the MT or the unique Qumran
> > version.
>By "unique Qumran version" do you mean what E.Tov has called "free"
>citations or do you mean citations from a independent text type known to
>exist at Qumran among the DSS canonical texts? I assume you mean the later.

I mean a text that does not follow any of the accepted textual families
(MT, LXX, S)

>Would be nice to hear from someone who can offer a counter example. Can
>anyone show us an undisputable LXX reading used in a DSS 'sectarian' text?

I am looking for this also. I have a feeling that we will not find it.

Moshe Shulman   outreach at judaismsanswer.com 718-436-7705
Judaism's Answer:  http://www.judaismsanswer.com/
Messiah Truth:  http://www.messiahtruth.com/
Outreach Judaism:   http://www.outreachjudaism.org/