[b-hebrew] Fw: Aramaic to them?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Mar 6 02:25:37 EST 2004

Peter:

But already in late Biblical Hebrew, in other words, those sections written after the Galut Babel, not only was the Hebrew simpler but it also shows the influence of Aramaic. It went so far as in Esther there is at least one Aramaic loan word. I think that the pronunciation preserved in the MT has more to do with Aramaic than historical B-Hebrew.

But it does influence our understanding of Biblical Hebrew, hence it is on topic for this list, even if only periferally.

Karl W. Randolph.