[b-hebrew] dating BH poetry

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 06:44:53 EST 2004

B-Havarim,

What are the recommended sources for dating of BH poetry?  For my own needs, I am not especially interested in assigning particular poems to particular historical contexts.  I would simply like to get a handle on poems' *relative ages*--what is older, what is later.  I realize, however, that the dating of the poems may be achieved through historical criticism.  That's okay.  I just want some idea of a timeline for all the major poems and poetic sections of the Tanakh.  It sounds like such a simple request...anyone have a magic wand?  ;-)

Thanks,
Bryan

B. M. Rocine
Living Word Church