[b-hebrew] proverbs 8:30 especially for Harold.

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Tue Jun 29 14:30:15 EDT 2004

Dear MR. Harold

Thankyou for your helpful comment!!!

 I am not utterly unaware of this being a noun I did not need a lexicon to
see that.  Also it is inf. construct.  A noun derived directly from the verb
and in this sense can ALSO be translated as a VERBAL NOUN which throws up
other perspectives on how the writer was perceiving his INTENDED NUANCE.

My question was quite clear in that I was simply asking for peoples' ideas
on how they would translate this section "eyeh etslo amon".  Amon can be
architect, craftsman, carpenter, OR if the nuance was VERBAL which is for me
obvious then one can NOT translate it as a NOUN but in the sense of movement
ie crafting, skillfully supprting sustaining holding together. This idea
being supported by the context especially since the very subject of the
chapter is about WISDOM IN ACTION.

Chris.