[b-hebrew] Prov 8:30

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Tue Jun 29 02:00:34 EDT 2004

The "speaker" here is wisdom, but she is talking about YHWH (see vs. 22). My
understanding is that YHWH "upholds" wisdom, not that wisdom "supports"
YHWH.

By the way, I assume that the KJV translation "as one brought up with him"
is influenced by Esther 2:7, in which Mordecai "WYHY )oMeN" (he had raised)
Hadassah.

Yigal