[b-hebrew] Transliteration site?

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Mon Jun 28 19:47:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:00:50 -0700 Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya.org>
writes:
> On 28/06/2004 12:47, Dave Washburn wrote:
>
> >I get at least 2 questions a week asking me to "translate" this or
> that word
> >or phrase into Hebrew characters, something I don't really have the
> time to
> >do (with rare exceptions).  Does anybody know of a website I can
> point people
> >to, where they can put in an English word or phrase and have it
> come out in
> >Hebrew characters?  A strange request, I know, but some of the
> requests I get
> >along these lines are even stranger...
> >TIA.
> >

> If they install one of the Hebrew transliteration keyboards which
> comes
> with the fonts SBL Hebrew or Ezra SIL, they can type away as if in
> English and get (Unicode) Hebrew on their screen, in Word and
> several
> other applications (Windows only).
>
> --
> Peter Kirk
> peter at qaya.org (personal)
> peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
> http://www.qaya.org/

Very clever, Dave. :-)  Get everyone else to do your research.  I check
the Crosswalk site and found that they can search for a word and then
view that word in the KJV with Strong's numbers.  When they click on the
word (in the OT, of course)  they will get, among other things, a
transliteration of the word.

http://bible1.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/Hebrew/heb.cgi?number=0530&version=k
jv

george