[b-hebrew] Transliteration site?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Jun 28 19:30:43 EDT 2004

On 28/06/2004 15:58, Dave Washburn wrote:

>Here's an example question:
>
>I am emailing you to ask if you know where to find specific words written in
>Hebrew?  I don't know if you can help, but I am looking for the following
>words written in Hebrew:
>

>'Jehovah Rapha'
>'David'
>'Faith'
>'Faithful'
>--
>
>IOW, they want me to render such words in Hebrew for them.  A transliteration
>chart wouldn't help in such cases.  I referred the most recent one to
>Strong's Concordance, but a website would be nice to refer them to as well.

Now I understand better what you want. What they really need is an
English-Hebrew dictionary. They can find one online at
http://www.biblestudytools.net/Lexicons/Hebrew/, but they need a
suitable font installed. This claims to use BDB but in fact uses the
Online Bible version - compare the entries for `alma. I can't find
Jehovah Rapha there, but where is it anyway?

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/