[b-hebrew] Transliteration site?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Jun 28 19:00:50 EDT 2004

On 28/06/2004 12:47, Dave Washburn wrote:

>I get at least 2 questions a week asking me to "translate" this or that word
>or phrase into Hebrew characters, something I don't really have the time to
>do (with rare exceptions).  Does anybody know of a website I can point people
>to, where they can put in an English word or phrase and have it come out in
>Hebrew characters?  A strange request, I know, but some of the requests I get
>along these lines are even stranger...
>TIA.

If they install one of the Hebrew transliteration keyboards which comes
with the fonts SBL Hebrew or Ezra SIL, they can type away as if in
English and get (Unicode) Hebrew on their screen, in Word and several
other applications (Windows only).

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/