[b-hebrew] Prov 8:30

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Mon Jun 28 15:23:48 EDT 2004

Dear All,  (Proverbs 8:30)

Eyeh etslo amon????

AMON is infinitive construct making this sentence extremely difficult to
understand.  there are varied english renditions, one of them seems good:
"..I was there by him as one whom he could trust"

I do have my own idea based somewhat on the very first use of the word (from
the same root)
in exodus 17:12 where Moshe's hands are being held up.  So here goes: " I
was there by him giving support/stability" (to all that was being created in
other words). Is this a good shot??

Does anyone have any alternatives or suggestions?

Chris.