[b-hebrew] Re: Aktionsart and Aspect

Eduard C Hanganu eddhanganu at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 19:46:50 EDT 2004

Hello to all!

Could someone, please, make a summary as complete as possible of the notions
of Aktionsart and aspect? I have collected about 60 pages from different
sources (including this forum) but they seem very confusing to me, and I
don't seem to get to the bottom of it. Are these two notions different and
separated? How do they relate to each other? How about perfect/imperfect,
telic/atelic, bound/unbound and progressive/nonprogressive? Where do these
notions fit? Are they part of Aktionsart or Aspect? And how does go about a
verb analysis considering all these notions? Is there an order of priority
in the analysis of these features or characteristics?

If there are also some reference books I could read in order to clarify
these issues, please mention them to me!

Thank you!

Eduard