[b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Sat Jun 26 14:50:50 EDT 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:34:48 -0500 "Eduard C Hanganu"
<eddhanganu at hotmail.com> writes:

> Dear Mr. Somsel:
>
> But what would then be the meaning of EREB-BOQUER in Daniel 8:14 and
> what
> historical events could be alluded to in Daniel 8:9-14 concerning
> the taking
> away of the TAMID? After doing a search on the word TAMID in the
> Hebrew OT
> (BHS) I found out that TAMID refers in fact to all the work in the
> Jewish
> Sanctuary, therefore the taking away of the TAMID(DAILY) would be
> equivalent
> with the SHUTTING DOWN of the Sanctuary. Is there such a historical
> event of
> 2300 evening-mornings (Sanctuary days) that would correspond to the
> taking
> away of the DAILY in Daniel 8?

Yes, there is an historical event corresponding to this.  It is the
desecration of the Temple which I previously mentioned.  I suggest you
read Josephus, _Antiquities of the Jews_, Book XII, Chapters 5-7.

http://www.ccel.org/j/josephus/works/ant-12.htm

gfsomsel